Not necessarily! That’s why it’s critical at two stages to make sure that everyone’s on the proverbial “same page” of strategy.
1. At the beginning of forming a team or partnering with other ministries. Expectations for involvement should be clearly discussed and spelled out on paper. Interdev, an organization that existed to facilitate partnership, urged consensus between partners about four areas:
- What is our common vision and where does it intersect?
- The process for moving forward: what will need to do to determine how to proceed?
- The structure for carrying out the strategy
- The activity that will occur
2. Ongoing evaluation. Once all have agreed to the strategy, regular evaluation should measure the ministry by the strategy’s standards. When appropriate, all involved should revise or re-write the strategy.
We’re excited about this new online resource! Content is in the process of being created and ported. Please check back often and subscribe to our feed at http://propempo.com/rss.xml to be notified of updates. Interact with the content. Post links in email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Recommend Propempo.com to friends. Prayerfully support Propempo.com and consider contributing to its content.