"I want to help my whole church become more involved and committed to missions."
Introduction to Propempo's Church Missions Church Mobilization Path
Hi! Thanks for using Propempo.com.
You've clicked on the CHURCH MOBILIZATION path.
This path enables you to more effectively mobilize your church body.
As you learn the concept of church mobilization we'll teach about planning and organizing missions in your local church.
We'll answer how to celebrate missions and inspire your congregation.
You will trek through developing a strategic missions focus for your church.
Lastly, you'll walk through guiding and training missionaries.
Invite your friends and fellow church leaders along these paths with you.
There is opportunity to interact through our Library, Laboratory, and Community sections.
You can always make suggestions to help us be even more useful.
Church Mobilization -- Take this path along with your Missions Committee or Team to learn everything you ever wanted to know about the life and work of a church missions leadership team.
- What is involved in local church mobilization?
- How can I help my church become more effective in missions?
- Why is church missions mobilization important?
- How is church missions mobilization different?
- What authority or permission is needed?
- How can I get the ball rolling?
- What do I need to know to get started with church mobilization?
- What are the costs of church mobilization?
- How does mobilization for local missions relate to overseas missions?
- What is the scope of work of a church Missions Team (MT)?
- What documents do we need to get started?
- What do we call this church mobilization function?
- How often should we meet?
- What kinds of policies or guidelines do we need?
- How should we write a policy?
- What’s the difference between “doing” and “mobilizing”?
- What are the primary functions of the Missions Team?
- What is our relationship to the church governing body?
- What is our relationship to the missionaries?
- How is missions funded at our church?
- How is the Missions Team accountable to the church leadership?
- How do we compose a Missions Team?
- What are the qualifications of a Missions Team member?
- How do we organize the Missions Team?
- What records should we keep?
- How and what do we report to others?
- How do we relate to church-supported missionaries?
- How do other church ministries relate to missions?
- How do we organize Short Term Missions?
- How does STM relate to the larger picture of missions in our church?
- How do we promote missions involvement?
- How do we promote missions funding?
- How do we raise up missionaries from our congregation?
- What is our responsibility to missionaries sent out from our church?
- How is “sending” different from “supporting”?
- How narrow or wide should our interests be?
- How do we avoid (or overcome) a shotgun approach?
- How should we select missionaries to support?
- How can we hold them accountable?
- How do we relate to their work on the field?
- How important is it that our missionaries have the same doctrine?
- What should be our priorities for funding?
- How do we cut back our budget when funds are tight?
- How do we graciously release missionaries from support?
- What responsibility do we have for missionary shepherding?
- What responsibility do we have for missionary counseling?
- What happens when the missionary comes home?
- How do we help a missionary re-enter back home?
- What happens when a missionary retires?
- What happens when a missionary has a major change?
- How do we handle a problem missionary?
- How can we help the church build ownership of a field ministry?
- How should we recruit new members to the Missions Team?
- How can we get our church excited about missions?
- How should we celebrate our church involvement in missions?
- What should be the purpose/s of a missions event?
- How often should we have a special function or event?
- What are the best ways to communicate missions information?
- How do we get more people involved in doing the missions event?
- What are best practices for a missions event?
- How can we include or target children?
- How can we include or target teens?
- How can we include or target young adults?
- How do we get missions events into the church calendar?
- Can we get more platform time on a regular basis?
- What promotion and communication is most effective?
- How can we get our missionaries more involved in the celebration?
- What is a missions focus?
- What types of focus are there?
- What is a strategic missions focus?
- How does what we’re doing now bridge to a focus for the future?
- Why should our church have a strategic focus in missions?
- How do we define, discover, or determine a strategic missions focus?
- What is the role of church leadership in approving a focus?
- What process should we follow to select a focus?
- How can we involved the congregation in researching a focus?
- How do we communicate it to the congregation?
- How do we begin to fulfill a strategic missions focus?
- What should we expect as we commit to a focus?
- How does a focus change our financial commitments?
- What is the duration of a missions focus?
- How will we know when we have completed our focus?
- What if things don’t go well with our missions focus?
- Can we change or modify our missions focus?
- How do we quit a missions focus?
- When should we choose another one?
- How do we keep momentum and interest?
- What if our focus is a really difficult one?
- How does church initiative relate to agency initiative?
- What happens when our focus has a major shift on the field?
- How can we recruit other churches and resources to our focus?
- How do we coordinate with other sources for our focus?
- What should mark the conclusion of our involvement in a focus?
- What is missions training in the local church?
- Can a local church train missionaries?
- How do we train congregants to be World Christians?
- How do we train congregants for significant personal involvement?
- How do we train STM leaders?
- How do we train MT members?
- How should we help and enable pastors?
- What is involved in training missionaries through the church?
- What should be the process?
- How does church training relate to formal schooling?
- How does church training relate to agency requirements?
- What kinds of partnership can a church have with a sending agency?
- What is the role of the church in confirming a missionary call?
- What is the role of the church in ongoing training for sent ones?
- How can the church pursue ongoing missions training for church leaders?
- Advance to Church Leadership