- Pray for God’s guidance and blessing for His glory.
- Pick your dates.
- Start planning early.
- Choose a theme and purposes.
- Select a speaker that can deliver your theme, especially biblically.
- Assemble your event leadership team and get them to start assembling their area responsibility teams of volunteer recruits ASAP.
- Begin public promotion as early as reasonable, considering the church’s calendar and increasing in frequency, variety, and intensity until the event. Remember that quality is more important than quantity.
- Hold planning and orientation meetings with event volunteers well before the event time.
- Organize and put due dates on event areas/agenda activities.
- Pray through the event!
- Do an evaluation survey and have a post-event evaluation meeting with your event leadership team.
- Record lessons learned for next time.
- Thank everyone involved profusely.
- Praise God!
Come back to this page for future additions of comments, links, and downloadable resources.