1. Be informed about what the Bible says about missions. (start with those articles before this article)
John Piper’s Let the Nations Be Glad
Tom Wells “A Vision for Missions”
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement, by Ralph Winter and Steve Hawthorne
From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya by Ruth Tucker – a great overview of the most well-known that were recorded missionaries in history.
Shadow of the Almighty by Elizabeth Elliot
Peace Child by Don Richardson
Eternity in their Hearts by Don Richardson
Brutchko by Bruce Olsen
Faithful Witness: The life and ministry of William Carey – by Timothy George
The Challenge of Islam by Charles Marsh
4. Make Matthew 9:37-38 a more regular part of your prayer life.
“Lord ! send forth more laborers/workers/missionaries to . . . . a certain country, or a certain people group”.”
And with that prayer, a proper attitude of availability and service is “and Lord, I am willing to go!”
and pray for countries and people groups and look up (google!) what is going on in different counties and people groups.
6. Pray for specific missionaries in your church.
7. Get a world map and learn about the world and pray for different countries when you hear about them in the news.
8. Give financial gifts to biblical missionaries and missions through your local church and beyond, if your church does not support missionaries yet.