"I want to be an effective cross-cultural worker."
Introduction to Propempo's Church Missions Missisonary Path
Hi! Thanks for using Propempo.com.
You've clicked on the MISSIONARY path.
This path is built for two types of hikers:
- The missionary candidate, desiring to be sent out
- And the field missionary, desiring to grow in effectiveness.
You begin by learning about the basics of missions and being a missionary.
It's all centered on the local church as God's primary agent for building His kingdom.
If you are already serving in a cross-cultural setting, the next steps will be very helpful.
Aim, Plan, Build, and Evaluate are competency tools for your backpack.
Strategize, Multiply, and Finish have large, practical impact on you and your team's ministry.
We pray that God will really bless and forge you into an effective instrument in His hands for His glory.
Recruit others to support and send you as you go. They can walk through the material on our website, also.
May God give you stamina and determination along with a teachable spirit to bring your ministry dreams into reality.
- What is a missionary?
- Who are missionaries in the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about missions?
- What does the Bible say about the role of missionaries?
- What is the theological foundation for missions?
- What are the qualities of a good missionary?
- What are the qualifications of a good missionary?
- What is the Gospel message?
- Why is the work of missions so important?
- How can I tell if I am “called” to missions?
- What is the role of the local church in missions?
- What is the role of the local church in sending missionaries?
- What is the role of the local church in supporting and shepherding workers?
- How does church and missions history inform us?
- What is missiology?
- What is culture and why is it so important?
- Do I have to learn another language?
- What is the goal of mission work on the field?
- How do I choose a mission sending agency?
- Do I have to raise support?
- Why do I have to raise support?
- How do I raise support?
- What is my relationship with supporters?
- What are some of the difficulties I will face on the field?
- How can I build accurate expectations for life on the field?
- What if I have problems with other missionaries?
- What is culture shock? What if I get it?
- What tools and skills do I need to be effective?
- What security precautions should I take?
- What are the various roles I might have on the field?
- How should I handle problems with authority on the field?
- What is my sending church’s role and authority toward me on the field?
- What is my personal goal on the field?
- How does my work and role fit to achieve that goal?
- What difference does it make, as long as I’m doing good things?
- How important is alignment with doctrine and ministry values?
- What obstacles will there be to sticking to our aim/s?
- How can I influence others in my team to work in harmony with the aim?
- How do we accomplish our goals?
- How do we implement our plans?
- What guides our day-to-day activities, when no one is looking?
- How do we use our resources to get the job done?
- How should we relate to nationals to enlist and engage them?
- What is the relationship between immediate opportunity and long-term goal fulfillment?
- How can I discern between good, better, and best?
- How can I build up the team around me to be more effective?
- In what ways do I give up my rights to serve the interests of others?
- What are the key factors affecting achievement of our ministry goals?
- How does our doctrine and biblical values influence strategy and methods?
- What is the most effective way of meeting goals-objectives?
- In what ways does culture affect strategy and methods and expectations?
- How can we incorporate nationals into planning and implementation?
- Are there major external factors which present opportunities or threats?
- Are there creative alternatives we haven’t previously considered?
- Has everyone involved agreed to this strategy?
- Has it been recorded and clearly communicated to all involved?
- What is the best way to multiply our efforts?
- How can we recruit resources to multiply ministry?
- What needs to be done to spread ownership to others?
- How can nationals do this better?
- What can we do now that will enhance multiplication later?
- In what ways should we be giving more responsibility to others?
- How can I know when a visionary ministry goal is finished?
- Is my role finished before the goal is achieved?
- What marks completion of my role?
- Are there biblical examples of finishing a large goal and moving on?
- How can I plan for my own obsolescence from the beginning?
- What ceremony might mark the conclusion of my involvement?
- What changes does this make in my relationship with the work?
- What changes does this make in my relationship with my church?
- What changes does this make in my relationship with our supporters?
- What changes does this make in my relationship with our sending agency?
- What future ministry does this finish enable?
- How can we use this milestone to give glory to God?
- In what ways can we leverage this for future ministry?