The word “Gospel” literally means “good news.” In essence, the Gospel is the good news that:
- The God of the Bible is the one true Creator God and Judge of the Universe.
- Every person, as a created being, is subject to God’s rule and God’s laws, and is guilty of sin in very way: by nature, by intent, and by volition.
- Holy God’s just punishment for our sin is eternal separation from Him and everlasting, conscious torment in Hell.
- But, God has provided a way to satisfy His holy requirement through the vicarious life and death of Jesus Christ on our behalf.
- Jesus’ resurrection was validation of God’s acceptance of Christ’s payment for our justification and reconciled to God.
- We receive this free offer when God enables us to understand that we are sinful and unable to do anything on our own to merit salvation.
- Then in repentance and faith we receive Christ as our Lord and Savior.
- God seals this transaction with the indwelling Holy Spirit given to every believer and guarantees those who are saved eternal life in fellowship with Him forever.
The good news is that God has provided a way, through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, for us to be saved from our sin and have fellowship with Him, adopted into His family.
See the short video: What is the Gospel?
We’re excited about this new online resource! Content is in the process of being created and ported. Please check back often and subscribe to our feed at https://propempo.com/rss.xml to be notified of updates. Interact with the content. Post links in email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Recommend Propempo.com to friends. Prayerfully support Propempo.com and consider contributing to its content.
What is the Gospel? (two-minute video explaining the Gospel)