"I want to be more involved in missions."
Introduction to Propempo’s Church Missions Personal Involvement Path
Hi! Thanks for using Propempo’s website.
You’ve clicked on the PERSONAL INVOLVEMENT path.
The core of this path is unpacking SIX key roles in personal involvement.
These roles are not mutually exclusive or sequential. Each role is expressed as a verb, because they are intended for action.
- The 1st role is to PRAY.
- The 2nd role is to SHARE YOUR FAITH.
- The 3rd role is to SUPPORT (sometimes it’s called to SEND).
- The 4th role is to GO SHORT TERM.
- The 5th role is to REACH INTERNATIONALS.
- And the 6th role is to MOBILIZE.
Every maturing Christian has a part as a Go-er or Sender for the great commission. As John Piper says, “You are either a go-er, a sender, or disobedient.”
You have lots of opportunity for interaction through our Library, Laboratory, and Community sections.
We hope that your path will help you identify more and more with God’s purposes for his glory.
Personal Involvement Path
- How can I get more involved in Missions personally?
- How can I get my family more involved in missions?
- How does my involvement in missions relate to my church?
- What are paths to deeper involvement?
- How can I find missions involvement that interests me?
- Are there biblical examples for personal involvement?
- How is prayer related to missions?
- Why should I get involved through prayer?
- What difference does prayer make for missions?
- What does it mean to be on a missionary’s prayer team?
- What information can I use to help me pray?
- Is there a systematic way to pray for missionaries?
- How can I get others interested in prayer for missions?
- How can I influence my church to pray for missions?
- What biblical examples do we have for prayer for missions?
- Share Your Faith
- What is my biblical responsibility to share my faith?
- How does my sharing Christ help the cause of missions?
- How do I develop skills at sharing the Gospel?
- Is the Gospel exclusive?
- How can I build my confidence in the Gospel?
- What if I encounter objections?
- What if I encounter hostility?
- What if my spouse is unsaved?
- How can I develop a lifestyle of sharing Christ?
- How can I get others involved in sharing the Gospel?
- How can I get my church more involved in evangelism?
- What do I do with new believers?
- What does it mean to support missions?
- What is a “sender”?
- Are there “senders” in the Bible?
- How can I become a supporter or sender?
- How important are “senders”?
- What does a sender do?
- What describes a good supporter or sender?
- What or who should I support?
- Are there causes or people I should avoid supporting?
- What guidelines should I follow as a supporter or sender?
- How can I form a group of senders for a missionary?
- What should a “sending team” do?
- How can I become a more effective sender?
- What changes are needed for me to become a committed sender?
- How can a sending team help our church in missions?
- Go Short Term
- What is “Short Term Missions” (STM)?
- What are the Pros and Cons of STM?
- How does STM relate to long-term missions?
- How does STM relate to my church missions ministries?
- Why should I get involved in STM?
- Who is qualified to go on STM? (and who is NOT?)
- How do I select a STM opportunity?
- How is STM financed?
- Is STM a waste of money, time, and human resources?
- How should we prepare for a STM trip?
- What do we do when we come back from a STM trip?
- How can we transfer all the benefits of the STM to the church?
- How often should I go on a STM?
- Reach Internationals
- What is “mobilizing”?
- Why is “mobilizing” necessary?
- What is involved in mobilizing?
- How can I get started in mobilizing?
- What do I have to know to be a good mobilizer?
- Are there biblical examples of mobilizing?
- How can I encourage others to help me mobilize?
- How can I enable my church to mobilize for missions?
- How can I measure the results of personal mobilizing efforts?
- Advance to Local Church Mobilization