To serve on a missionary’s prayer team means committing to pray regularly (whether individually or with a group) for many aspects of the missionary’s life and ministry.
Critical elements for which to pray for a missionary include :
- A healthy and growing love for God
- A great dependence on the power of the Gospel and Scripture to change lives; a decreasing trust in one’s gifts and strengths for ministry
- A healthy marriage, if married
- Godly parenting of children (if applicable)
- A ministry team that keeps short accounts of interpersonal problems by managing conflict through Matthew 18 guidelines
- An ability to recognize and engage in spiritual warfare
- Increasing ability in the local language and culture, resulting in presenting the Gospel in as indigenously effective a way as possible
- The boldness to sow the Gospel widely and frequently, among as much good soil (receptive hearers) as possible, resulting in God’s salvation of many
- A guard against discouragement and depression
- Connection to a person of peace who will provide gateways of opportunity and relationship for the team
- For the city/people group among whom the ministry is happening; for its receptivity and for a church planting movement to emerge
We’re excited about this new online resource! Content is in the process of being created and ported. Please check back often and subscribe to our feed at https://propempo.com/rss.xml to be notified of updates. Interact with the content. Post links in email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Recommend Propempo.com to friends. Prayerfully support Propempo.com and consider contributing to its content.