- Most missionaries have to learn more than one language for ministry on the field, especially if they’re going to Unreached People Groups.
- Communication with supporters and support raising is not merely a means to an end. Rather, it is an essential and equal part of God’s appointed ministry for the missionary.
- If your goal is indigenous ministry, you’re going to have to give up a lot of technology and modern trappings to make the ministry reproducible.
- Language learning is not merely a means to an end. Rather, it is an essential God appointed priority for your effectiveness for the long-term.
- The single most important attribute in which new missionaries need to grow and in which they have the most opportunity to grow is humility.
David C. MeadeDavid is the founder and General Director of Propempo International. He has over forty years' experience in church planting, pioneering field ministry among UPGs, and leadership both on the field and in non-profit organizations. He is local-church-oriented, serving as missions pastor/elder for over twenty years. He loves teaching and mentoring church leaders and missionaries preparing for service in the tough places of the world.
Please login to comment.