Not necessarily! That’s why it’s critical at two stages to make sure that everyone’s on the proverbial “same page” of strategy.
- At the beginning of forming a team or partnering with other ministries. Expectations for involvement should be clearly discussed and spelled out on paper. Interdev, an organization that existed to facilitate partnership, urged consensus between partners about four areas:
- What is our common vision and where does it intersect?
- The process for moving forward: what will need to do to determine how to proceed?
- The structure for carrying out the strategy
- The activity that will occur
- Ongoing evaluation. Once all have agreed to the strategy, regular evaluation should measure the ministry by the strategy’s standards. When appropriate, all involved should revise or re-write the strategy.
This thread has been closed from taking new comments.