A supporter typically gives most generously and authentically to a person or type of ministry about whose ministry the supporter is passionate. As examples:
- A person who significantly impacted your walk with Christ decides to serve as a disciplemaker in Europe. You are eager for this person to make the same kind of impact in Austria as he has had in your life.
- One of your best friends is a Muslim international student. You long for him to come to Christ and are enthused about a ministry that reaches Muslim international students.
In short, you’ll most faithfully support people and organizations:
- Whom you’ve observed in effective ministry.
- Who minister to types of people and places about which you’re passionate.
- Who are involved in types of ministry about which you’re passionate, such as Biblical teaching, relief and development, or discipleship.