The process of support raising ideally creates a unique bond between you and those who pray for and give to you. You provide for your supporters:
- An opportunity to be blessed by giving (Acts 20.35)
- A challenge to pray faithfully
- A way to impact a part of the world they may never see
- A relationship grounded in the Great Commission’s fulfillment
Your supporters provide for you:
- Necessary prayer
- Necessary finances
- Missionary care when possible
- Potential help on the field through their short-term ministry in your place of service
In short, you are “carried on the shoulders of those who cannot see the landscape you describe.” –Betty Barnett
While you are first accountable to your sending church, and second accountable to the leaders of your mission agency, your connection with your supporters is a privileged and unique one.
Continue on to
Please login to comment.